1) Take the cleaned cauliflower pieces and blanch in boiling salt water for 3-5 minutes, strain and leave to cool slightly
2) In a separate pan over a medium heat add the butter until melted. Add the flour to the melted butter and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly to keep the flour from clumping up.
3) Heat the milk in a separate saucepan over a medium heat until hot. Do not boil.
4) Slowly add the heated milk to the flour mixture, whisking constantly to keep it smooth. Once smooth add ½ the grated cheese to the mixture and cook over a medium heat until the cheese has melted and the sauce is the consistency of thin custard.
5) Place the cooked cauliflower into a baking dish and pour over the cheese sauce. Top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
6) Bake at 180°C (gas mark 5) for 20/25 minutes or until it's bubbling hot and the cheese is golden brown.
7) Sprinkle with seasoned bread crumbs and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
8) Serve hot