Our florists' have been busy making beautiful wreaths for the festive season. We thought we would share the process with you with some tips and inspiration to help you to create your own.
Our shops have everything you need to create your masterpiece and our floristry team are on hand to answer any questions.
Here are step by step instructions on how to make a festive wreath. There isn't only one way to do this and adding personal touches is the best part.
1) Wet the oasis. This will hold water for the flowers to drink from.
2) Strip the stems of the foliage (holly and spruce are good options) so that they are clear from greenery and trim the stem to approximately 1". Insert the stems into the oasis.
3) Fill in the gaps with eucalyptus.
4) Wrap wire around a cluster of cinnamon sticks and bend the end. This will help to secure the cinnamon sticks. Feed the bent wire into the oasis.
5) Gather together 3 pieces of orange and thread the wire through them. Twist and bend the ends of the wire together and pop it into the oasis.
6) Push some wire into a pine cone, wrap it around and twist the ends. Bend the wire and then add it to your wreath.
7) Add your choice of decorations. Beads, bows, baubles and garlands make wonderful additions.
8) Add a beautiful bow and your wreath is complete.
Your wreath can be made up to 10 days before Christmas.
Take your time, enjoy the process and don't prick your fingers on the holly.