Food tastes better from the farm and at Keelham Farm Shop, we've been nurturing and celebrating great tasting food for over three generations.
We run our business by doing what 'feels right' - that's the Keelham Way. We believe in making great tasting food affordable for everyone - offering exceptional taste with minimal waste.
We support over 400 local producers and farmers and make a difference to the communities we serve. We now growing, both the customer offering in our Skipton shop and by opening new shops across Yorkshire. Exciting times ahead!
We’re now recruiting for an eCommerce Manager, reporting to our Head of Digital. This is a fantastic opportunity to get in at the start of an exciting new phase for our multi-award-winning business, as we embark on a programme of expansion & growth. In addition to expansion in new physical shops, we have an ambition to drive online growth.
As eCommerce Manager you will have financial, operational and technical accountability for the online channel. The eCommerce Manager will report to our Head of Digital, who also has accountability for our other business systems.
You will collaborate with our other functions in order to build the eCommerce channel profitably, and in particular:
- Our Commercial team, who will maintain accountability for the products and pricing we sell online and offline, in order to ensure consistency and retain accountability for our overall gross margin
- Our Marketing team, who will manage our marketing communications, including those through social media, email campaigns etc.
This role requires a hands-on eCommerce professional with technical experience in eCommerce software, ideally Shopify, but with the ability to develop and maintain the proposition and operations to deliver an end-to-end online offer. You may have done something similar for your own ‘side project’ or you may have done it elsewhere for a small retail web business.
- Define and shape the proposition, the systems, changes required, and the team and supplier support needed to execute a great online proposition.
- Responsible for determining the format and features of the website in order to maximize clarity and ease of navigation for customers.
- Liaise with the Web designers to develop and update the website as needed.
- Research Keelham core demographics and how to best reach them, in order to maximize search engine traffic and the effect of our targeted ad buys.
- Plan for e-marketing expenditures well in advance and develop a financial plan that will maximise our resources.
- A hands-on eCommerce professional with technical experience in eCommerce software, ideally Shopify.
- Proven experience as Web & E-commerce exec in a similar role.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices.
- Experience with B2C social media, Google Adwords and email campaigns and SEO/SEM, PPC.
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools.
- Excellent knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, NetInsight, WebTrends etc.)
- Skills and experience in creative content writing.
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- CMS management – Proven experience of managing e-commerce websites. (payment gateways, orders, stock, etc) Direct to Consumer (D2C)
- An understanding of UX – Basket optimisation, AB testing etc
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and reporting
- Proven experience in new customer acquisition.